爲了幫助大家更好地備考商務英語,yjbys網小編爲大家提供了2016年商務英語考試口語中級備考輔導,希望大家能好好看下。
輔導一:
Ⅰ.核心學習:不確定的答覆
Michael: You look pretty wound up. What's up?
邁克爾:你看起來很不開心,有什麼事嗎?Billy: It's nothing, just my boss keeps asking about the annual stock report.
比利:沒什麼,只是我的老闆總是問我年度股票報告的事。
Michael: What does she want to know?
邁克爾:她想知道什麼?
Billy: She wants to know if I know when it will be done. But I am unsure.
比利:她問我知不知道報告什麼時候做好,可我還不能確定。
Michael: You should tell her you are unsure.
邁克爾:你應該告訴她你不能確定。
Billy: I try, but I can't express myself correctly.
比利:我盡力了,可我不能正確地表達。
Michael: Fine, I will teach you some useful business English that will help you.
邁克爾:好吧,我會教你一些有用的商務英語,這會對你有幫助。
Ⅱ.單詞簡析
1) Annual :once a year
每年一次
ex:It is time for our annual office party.
我們辦公室開年度派隊的時候到了。
2) Excuse : reason, delay
藉口,託辭
ex:Jack is full of excuses about why he doesn't work hard.
傑克爲自己不努力工作找了一堆藉口。
3) Raise : increase in salary
加薪
ex:Time will tell if I get the raise or not.
我能不能加薪,到時自會有分曉。
4) Stock :piece of the company, ticket
股票
ex:My friend Tom made a fortune by trading stocks.
我的朋友湯姆靠股票交易發了一筆財。
5) Trading : buying and selling, one for another
交易
ex:Let's do some tape trading. I'll give you a Beatles tape for your Will Smith tape.
咱們來做個交易,我用披頭士樂隊的磁帶來換你的威爾·史密斯的磁帶。
輔導二:
Often the big boss wants to know why you have not finished a report or project. This lesson explains a few common excuses you can use to satisfy your boss when you are unsure about an outcome. If the boss asks a question like, "Will you be done by this afternoon?" you should give him/her a clear synonymfor being UNSURE.
通常大老闆想知道你爲什麼沒完成一份報告或一個項目。本課解釋了一些常用的藉口,在你對事情的結果不能確定時可以用來應付你的老闆。如果你的老闆問你一些諸如“你今天下午能完成嗎?”之類的問題,你可以給他一個和“不能確定”意思相同的答覆。
Synonyms for UNSURE“不能確定的”的同義詞:
1) 50/50: "Can you be done by tonight?"
"There is a 50/50 chance."
50%的機會:“你今晚能完成嗎?”
“有50%的可能。”
2) It could happen: "Will Bobby get here for the meeting in time?""If he tries hard, it could happen."有可能:“鮑勃能及時趕來參加會議嗎?”“如果他盡力而爲的話,有可能。”
3) I am not sure: "Can you do some information trading this Friday evening?""At this time I am not sure."我不能確定:“你能在這個星期五晚上做一些信息交易嗎?”“現在很難說。”
4) Maybe yes, maybe no: "Will you stamp my visa into your lovely country?""Maybe yes, maybe no!"可能會,也可能不會:“您能爲我去貴國簽證嗎?”“可能會,也可能不會。”
5) "Will our company's stocks increase in value?""Maybe, time will tell."“我們公司的股票會升值嗎”“有可能,時間會證明的。”
Ⅳ.對話篇
Gordon: Miss Molly, will you be done with the stock report by this afternoon?
戈登:莫莉小姐,今天下午以前你能完成這份股票報告嗎?
Molly : Sorry to say I am unsure, time will tell.
莫莉:很遺憾我還不能確定,看時間吧。
Gordon: Well, do your best. I am off to lunch now.
戈登:好吧,你盡力而爲吧。現在我要去吃午飯了。
Molly : Sir, can you pick me up a sandwich before the cafe closes at two o-clock?
莫莉:先生,您能在咖啡店兩點關門之前幫我買一個三明治嗎?
Gordon: There is a 50/50 chance. I won't make it before then, but I will try.
戈登:有五成的可能晚點兒,不過我會盡力。
Molly : Well, do you best.
莫莉:好吧,請儘量幫忙。
Gordon: Oh, did the boss say he would give you a raise?
戈登:噢,老闆說過要給你加薪了嗎?
Molly : He said maybe yes, and maybe no.
莫莉:他說有可能會,也有可能不會。
Gordon: What does that mean?
戈登:那是什麼意思?
Molly : It means if I work hard this month, it could happen.
莫莉:意思是說,如果我這個月工作努力,就很有可能加薪。
Gordon: Good luck.
戈登:祝你好運。
Molly : Thanks.
莫莉:謝謝。
輔導三:
第一句:Part of the daily routine of most executives is to spend a period of time with his or her assisant.?
大多數主管經理大部分日常業務都花在與他或她的助理共事。
A: Congratulations, Paul!
祝賀你,保羅!
B: Thank you. But I have no idea of being a leader.
謝謝。但是我還不知道如何做上司。
A: Part of the daily routine of most executives is to spend a period of time with his or her assisant, going over projects, dictating letters, discussing appointments to be made etc.
大多數主管經理大部分日常業務都花在與他或她的'助理研究項目,口述信函,商務會談時間等事務上。
第二句:Shouting, "Jane! Come in here!" is inexcusable.
直呼“Jane,你過來!”是無法讓人接受的。
A: It is easy to forget the niceties of human relations that make these meetings more pleasant when they occur daily.
每天進行這樣的會晤很容易忽略相互間的和睦氣憤。
B: That's what I am worried about.
這正是我擔心的。
A: Shouting, "Jane! Come in here!" or running through the litany of things to do without a smile is inexcusable.
直呼“Jane,你過來!”或面無表情地吩咐工作是無法讓人接受的。
BEC商務英語背誦句型:
Susan, the project needs some attention.
蘇珊,這個計劃需要予以注意。
Do you think you could fit it into your schedule within the next two days?
你能否在接下來的兩天內將它列入您的計劃中?