泰戈爾英文詩詞《飛鳥集》

飛鳥集 之九

泰戈爾英文詩詞《飛鳥集》

泰戈爾

神的巨大的威權是在柔和的微風裏,而不在狂風暴雨之中。

God’s great power is in the gentle breeze, not in the storm.

在夢中,一切事都散漫着,都壓着我,但這不過是一個夢呀。但我醒來時,我便將覺得這些事都已聚集在你那裏,我也便將自由了。

This is a dream in which things are all loose and they oppress. I shall find them gathered in thee when I awake and shall be free.

落日問道:“有誰繼續我的職務呢?”

瓦燈說道:“我要盡我所能地做去,我的主人。”

Who is there to take up my duties? asked the setting sun.

I shall do what I can, my Master, said the earthen lamp.

採着花瓣時,得不到花的.美麗

By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

沉默蘊蓄着語聲,正如鳥巢擁圍着睡鳥。

Silence will carry your voice like the nest that holds the sleeping birds.

大的不怕與小的同遊。

居中的卻遠而避之。

The Great walks with the Small without fear.

The Middling keeps aloof.

夜祕密地把花開放了,卻讓白日去領受謝詞。

The night opens the flowers in secret and allows the day to get thanks.

權勢認爲犧牲者的痛苦是忘恩負義。

Power takes as ingratitude the writhings of its victims.

當我們以我們的充實爲樂時,那末,我們便能很快樂地跟我們的果實分手了。

When we rejoice in our fulness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.

雨點吻着大地,微語道:“我們是你的思家的孩子,母親,現在從天上回到你這裏來了。”

The raindrops kissed the earth and whispered, --- We are thy homesick children, mother, come back to thee from the heaven.