英語的強調方式

英語簡單地道表達強調的八種方式

英語的強調方式

爲了強調英語句子中的某一成份,強調方式是多種多樣的,現將它們歸納如下,以供參考。

1.用形容詞“very”,“single”等表示強調

e.g.Red Army fought a battle on this very spot.

紅軍就在此地打過一仗。

Not a single person has been in the office this afternoon.

今天下午竟然沒有一個人來過辦公室。

2.用反身代詞表示強調

e.g.I myself will see her off at the station.

我將親自到車站爲她送行。

You can do it well yourself.

你自己能做好這件事情。

3.用助詞“do”表示強調

e.g.The baby is generally healthy,but every now and then she does catch a cold.

那孩子的健康狀況尚好,但就是偶爾患感冒。

Do be quiet.I told you I had a headache.

務必安靜,我告訴過你,我頭疼。

4.用副詞“very”,“only”,“even”,“too”等表示強調

e.g.He drank it to the very last drop.

他把它喝得一乾二淨。

Only in this way can we wipe out the enemy troops.

只有用這樣的方法我們才能消滅敵軍。

He didn't answer even my letter.

他甚至連我的信都未回。

I will too go!我要去的!

5.用“...and that”,“...and those”,“not...too much”,“否定加否定”等結構表示強調

e.g.They fulfilled the task,and that in a few days.

他們在幾天內完成的就是那項任務。

I gave her some presents,and those the day before yesterday.

前天我送給她的就是那些禮物。

I can't thank you too much.我無論怎樣感謝你都不過份。

I am not unfaithful to you.我對你無比忠誠。

6.用短語“in every way”,“in no way”,“by all means”,“by no means”,“only too”,“all too”,“but too”,“in heaven”,“in the world”,“in hell”,“on earth”,“under the sun”等表示強調

e.g.His behaviour was in every way perfect.

他的舉止確實無可挑剔。

By all means take your son with you.

你一定要把兒子帶來。

The news was only too true.

這消息確實是事實。

It was over all too soon!

此事的確了結得很快!

Where in heaven were you then?

當時你到底在哪裏?

Nobody under the sun would buy that car.

確實沒有人會買那輛車。

7.用倒裝句表示強調

e.g.Dishonest he is!他的確不誠實!

In wine is the truth. 酒後吐真言。

8.用強調句型表示強調

e.g.It was the headmaster who opened the door for me.

正是校長爲我開的門。

It was yesterday that we carried out that experiment.

就是在昨天我們做了那個實驗。

實用口語情景輕鬆學:邊看電影邊吃零食

John:The movie is about to start. Let's hurry.

電影快開始了。我們趕緊吧。

May:Wait a moment. I'm going to buy some snacks.

等一下。我去買點兒零食。

John:Then be quick.

那你快點兒。

May:What would you like to have?

你要吃什麼?

John:Popcorn and cola.

爆米花和可樂。

May:Ok, I'll be right back.

好的,馬上回來。

實用口語情景輕鬆學:慶祝結婚紀念日

Shirley:Why do you want to eat western food so much today? Anything special to celebrate? Did you get a promotion?

爲什麼你今天那麼想來吃西餐啊?有什麼特殊事情要慶祝嗎?是不是你獲得晉升了?

Benjamin:Honey, you really forgot about it? Think it over. It's a candlelight dinner.

親愛的,你真忘了今天是什麼日子了嗎?好好想想。這可是燭光晚餐啊。

Shirley:It's not your birthday, also not mine. Hey, come on. Just tell me.

不是你的生日,也不是我的。咳,拜託。你就告訴我吧。

Benjamin:It's our wedding anniversary, honey. How can you forget about it?

這是我們的結婚紀念日啊,親愛的。你怎麼能把它給忘了呢?

Shirley:My dear, tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. We've been together for 20 years. But you never change. Always so careless! Do you remember the thing that happened on our wedding day?

親愛的,明天才是我們的結婚紀念日啊。我們都在一起20年了。你還是沒有變,總是那麼粗心。還記得我們結婚那天發生的事情嗎?

Benjamin:Of course. I almost missed my own wedding.

當然記得。我差點錯過了自己的婚禮。

Shirley:Yeah. Do you know that this restaurant used to be the teahouse where we first met?

可不是嘛。你知道嗎,這個餐館就是我們第一次見面的那個茶館呢。

Benjamin:Oh, really! It looks so different. Our “old place” turns into a brand new place.

哦,真的`!它看起來可太不一樣了。我們的“老地方”現在成了一個嶄新的地方了。

Shirley:Do you remember our first date? I got a really special gift.

你記得我們的第一次約會嗎?我當時還得到了一個特殊的禮物。

Benjamin:I can never forget that. I bought you five candies, but I was so anxious that I forgot to give them to you. You didn't get them until we parted. Then they had already melted down for I held them the whole time.

我永遠都不會忘記的。我給你買了五顆糖果,我太緊張就忘記把它們給你了。一直到我們要說再見的時候你纔拿到了它們。那時候它們都已經化了,因爲我一直握着它們。

Shirley:Yeah, it's really unforgettable. Thank you for making me happy all these years.

是啊,那可真是難忘啊。謝謝你這些年來讓我過得那麼幸福。

Benjamin:You are the one I should thank. You've done really great job.

我才應該謝謝你呢。你真的做得很棒。

Shirley:Let's stop saying these things. It's a wrong time but let's do the right thing.

我們別說這些了。時間雖然錯了,但是我們就做點對的事情吧。

Benjamin:Oh, I almost forgot. This is for you. Like it?

哦,我差點忘了。這是給你的。喜歡嗎?

Shirley:Oh, a gold necklace! So beautiful. Can you help me to put it on?

哦,一條金項鍊。好漂亮啊!你能幫我戴上嗎?

Benjamin:Any time. You look gorgeous, honey!

樂意效勞。親愛的,你看起來漂亮極了。

Shirley:Thank you so much. I'm so happy today.

謝謝。我今天真開心。

實用口語情景輕鬆學:我沒在海里遊過泳

John:I'm burning up. Let's go swimming.

熱死了,我們去游泳吧。

Lily:I've never swam in the sea and I'm a little scared.

我沒在海里遊過,有點兒害怕。

John:Take it easy. The lifeguards and I will be there and you won't be in danger.

放心,有我呢,還有救生員,你不會有危險的。

Lily:There are sharks in the ocean, right? Don't a lot of people get bitten by sharks when swimming out there?

海里不是有鯊魚嗎?不是有很多人都在游泳時被鯊魚咬到嗎?

John:You've seen too many movies. Don't worry, everything will be ok.

你電影看得太多了吧。放心吧,沒事兒的。

Lily:Alright, I'll go and take my life preserver. Promise me nothing bad will happen.

那好吧,我去拿救生圈。你要保證我沒事。

John:I promise. Come on, go and get it.

我保證。快去拿吧。

實用口語情景輕鬆學:你有什麼計劃嗎?

Nancy:Have a nice weekend!

週末好!

Jerry:Thanks. You too!

謝謝!你也好!

Nancy:Do you have any plans?

你有什麼計劃嗎?

Jerry:Well, my family's away and I can't afford to do much. What about you?

嗯,我家裏人都走了,我承受不起做太多的事。你呢?

Nancy:Oh, I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

哦,我還沒決定我要做什麼呢。

實用口語情景輕鬆學:我最喜歡的還是流行歌曲

Tim:Do you want to listen to some music?

我們聽聽音樂好嗎?

Maria:Sure. I have a lot of CDs.

可以呀。我這兒有不少CD光盤。

Tim:What kind do you have? Could I take a look? Wow, you have quite a lot.

都有什麼?我可以看看嗎?哎呀,真是不少。

Maria:I like classical music mostly because my family listens to it a lot, but I really like pop songs the most.

受家人影響,我很喜歡西方古典音樂,但我最喜歡的還是流行歌曲。

Tim:Can you sing?

那你會不會唱?

Maria:I'm not too good at singing the newest stuff, and when it comes to foreign songs I can only hum.

只要不是最新流行的歌曲,我差不多都會唱。但是國外流行歌曲,很多曲子我只會哼哼。