常用英語口語單詞歸納

常用英語短語有哪些?小編已經收集整理好常用的英語短語,歡迎參考。

常用英語口語單詞歸納

  1 a kick in the pants 口頭警告

e.g. He was always late for work, so the manager decided to give him a kick in the pants and watch his performance.

他上班經常遲到,所以經理對他作出口頭警告,並留意他的表現。

  2 a little short on RAM 能力不夠

e.g. I don't think he is the right person for this job. He’s a little short on RAM.

我認爲他不是這個職位的適當人選。他的能力不夠。

  3 ace buddy 至交,好朋友

Eg. Look, you're my ace buddy and shouldn't say that to me.

喂,你是我的老朋友,不應該對我說這樣的話。

  4 all that jazz 諸如此類的東西

e.g. He told me I didn't behave myself good enough, that I should watch my P's and Q's ,all that jazz.

他說我表現得不夠好,我應該注意禮儀,以及諸如此類的話。

  5 Any takers? 詢問他人是否贊成某事

eg. We are planning a golf tournament next Sunday. Any takers?

我們計劃於下星期日舉行高爾夫球賽。大家贊成嗎?

  6  attention-getter 引人矚目的人或物

eg. The pop singer is an attention-getter wherever he goes.

那位流行歌手到地方去都是個引人注目的人物。

  7 back burner 延遲,擱置

e.g. let’s put that one on the back burner and get back to it later.

我們暫時把這個問題擱一擱,以後再談吧。

  8 bad hair day 不開心的日子

e.g. What’s the matter with Mary? Oh, she’s just having a bad day.

馬裏怎麼了?哦,他心情不好。

  9 be history 離開,不在

e.g. It’s already one o’clock? I’m history.

已經一點啦?我要走了。

  10 big-eyed 形容某人整天食物不離口

e.g. If I see food, I want to eat it. I’m so big-eyed.

我一看到食物就要吃。我好像患了渴食症似的。

  11 boss (sb.) about 把某人差來差去

e.g. I’m not going to be bossed about by a nobody like you.

我不會受你這樣的無名小卒的指使。

  12 can of worm 一團糟

e.g. What he left behind after his resignation was just a can of worm..

他辭職後留下來的只是一大堆頭痛的問題。

  13 catch on 流行起來

e.g. The mini-skirt caught on quickly but disappeared equally fast.

迷你裙迅即流行,但是很快就被打入冷宮。

  14 cook with gas 好極了

e.g. Now you’re cooking with gas.

現在你的表現好極了

  15 cut down on 侮辱,咒罵

e.g. He’s cutting down on you. I can’t stand it any longer.

他分明是在侮辱你。我已忍無可忍了。

  16 do 表示吸食、參加、享用

e.g. I don’t do acid any more.

我不再吸毒了。

  17 do the town 狂歡

e.g. I did the town with the old boys the other day.

前些天我和一班舊同學狂歡了一番。

  18 down play 貶低、 對某事輕描淡寫

e.g. The press has down played the president’s role in the negotiations.

輿論遍地了總統在談判中所起的作用。

  19  Damn it 詛咒語

e.g. Now damn it! Let’s quit talking about this subject.

他媽的!我們不要在談這個話題了。

  20 fat pill 指吃了會令人發胖的'食物

e.g. Stay away from the pastries. They are fat pills.

別吃那些油酥點心,他們會令你發胖。

  21 fireworks 本意是焰火,口語上表示麻煩

e.g. It looks like there’ll be fireworks if we cannot calm the excited fans of the singer.

如果我們不能使興奮的歌迷安靜下來的話,很有可能出麻煩。

  22 funny farm 指精神病院

e.g. Better be serious, or else you’ll be thrown into the funny farm..

嚴肅一點,否則把你送到精神病院去。

  23 full of beans 指一個人生氣勃勃

e.g. I felt full of beans after a good sleep.

睡了一大覺後,我感到精神奕奕。

  24go along for the ride 湊熱鬧而被動的參與、逢場作戲

e.g. I don’t know anything about football. I’m just going along for the ride.

我對足球一無所知,只是去湊熱鬧而已。

  25get into the act 表示參加某些時髦的,屬於上流社會的活動

e.g. She spent a lot of money on designer’s clothes and liked to get into the act.

他花很多錢買名設計師做的衣服,並且喜歡參加上流社會的社交活動。

  26gas 表示極大的成功,令人非常滿意的事

e.g. The ball was a real gas indeed.

舞會辦得很成功。

  27 get canned/sacked 表示被辭退、炒魷魚

e.g. You’d better be careful or you’re going to get yourself sacked.

你最好小心一點,否則你會被辭退。

  28get out of someone’s face 在我面前消失

e.g. Get outta my face! I’m busy right now.

走開!我現在正忙着呢。

  29 hack it 一.表示對付、二.表示寬容

e.g. Take it easy. We can surely hack it ourselves.

別急躁。我們是可以對付得來的。