英語聽力原文《博採世界精華》

英語聽力的提高主要是依靠我們平時的練習,下面,爲大家送上一篇英語聽力原文,希望對大家有幫助。

英語聽力原文《博採世界精華》

I believe the United States has and hopefully will continue to have some of the great thinkers interms of entrepreneurship.

美國一直就不乏具有創業精神的偉大思想家相信將來還會不斷出現

We are a nation of open-mindedness.

我們是一個思想開放的國家

I think we love new things.

我覺得我們喜愛新鮮事物

I think we love to try new things.

我們喜歡嘗試新鮮事物

We've sacrificed our blood and treasure for just about every great thing in America

美國的每一次巨大變革 我們都爲之犧牲過生命和財富

whether it's been on an overseas battlefield

不管是在海外戰場

or something as seemingly mundane as the Hoover Dam.

還是像胡佛水壩這樣看似平凡的事情

Over the centuries there has been a lot of adversity,

過去的幾個世紀裏 艱難險阻不斷

and we have usually triumphed.

我們總能凱旋而歸

We're a country that is always prepared to fight back.

我們是一個隨時準備迎難而上的國家

It's just part of the American character.

這就是美國精神的一部分

This country reacts very well under pressure.

這個國家越是承受壓力 越是表現出色

It goes through these pressurized times

經歷過那些重壓下的.日子

and then comes out stronger than before.

並且變得比從前更強大

So I suppose you could say the most defining characteristic is our dynamism,

你可以說我們最突出的特點是我們的活力

and equally important we are an optimistic people.

我們還是個樂觀的民族 這一點同等重要

We are a people who believe the future is our friend.

我們是一羣相信未來的人

Everybody was created equal.

人人生而平等

It's in the Declaration of Independence.

這是《獨立宣言》裏說的

All men are created equal.

所有人都是生而平等的

That really gives voice to the whole American experience.

美國的整個歷史正說明了這點

We still have racial difficulties,

我們仍然有種族問題

we still have disadvantaged people,

仍然有貧困人口

but the unique thing about America and its diversity and its people,

但美國的多樣性及其人民的獨特之處就在於

is that we are always moving forward.

我們總是在不斷前進

And we're always dealing with problems,not ignoring them.

我們總是在解決問題而不是忽視問題

Questioning your country and constantly going back and examining the beauty of it and theflaws,

質疑你的國家並不時地回顧她的美好與不足

I think that makes a patriotic American.

我覺得這纔是一個愛國的美國人

That's real American character in my mind.

在我看來 這纔是真正的美國精神

I mean, the frontiers that we've conquered is kind of amazing.

我們所征服的疆域可以稱得上令人瞠目

In a relatively short period of time

在一段相對較短的時間裏

America's helped to transform the world.

美國在幫助世界變革

From few fragile footholds, in just 400 years

短短400年間 美國從幾個脆弱的小據點

America has grown into the most powerful nation on earth.

已經成長爲全世界最強大的國家

Born from the enterprising experiment,and piety of the first settlers,

脫胎於偉大的嘗試和第一批移民的虔誠

forged by revolutionary passion and high ideals,

成型於革命的激情與遠大的理想

driven by a thirst for innovation and technological change,

在渴求創新和科技進步的驅使下

a nation drawn from across the world.

整個國家博採世界精華