泰戈爾新月集短詩:關於孩子和母親的感情

泰戈爾認爲,愛創造了世界,世界的本質就是愛;而母愛、孩童之愛則是人類最真誠最純樸的情感。《新月集》就是宣傳人類愛的產物。下面是小編整理的詩歌是《新月集》中關於孩子和母親的愛的詩歌,希望大家喜歡!

泰戈爾新月集短詩:關於孩子和母親的感情

  英雄 THE HERO

MOTHER, let us imagine we are travelling, and passing through a strange and dangerous country.

媽媽,讓我們想象我們正在旅行,經過一個陌生而危險的國土。

You are riding in a palanquin and I am trotting by you on a red horse.

你坐在一頂轎子裏,我騎着一匹紅馬,在你旁邊跑着。

It is evening and the sun goes down. The waste of Joradighi lies wan and grey before us. The land is desolate and barren.

是黃昏的時候,太陽已經下山了。約拉地希的荒地疲乏而灰暗地展開在我們面前,大地是淒涼而荒蕪的。

You are frightened and thinking--"I know not where we have come to."

你害怕了,想道——“我不知道我們到了什麼地方了。”

I say to you, "Mother, do not be afraid."

我對你說道:“媽媽,不要害怕。”

The meadow is prickly with spiky grass, and through it runs a narrow broken path.

草地上刺蓬蓬地長着針尖似的草,一條狹而崎嶇的小道通過這塊草地。

There are no cattle to be seen in the wide field; they have gone to their village stalls.

在這片廣大的地面上看不見一隻牛;它們已經回到它們村裏的牛棚去了。

It grows dark and dim on the land and sky, and we cannot tell where we are going.

天色黑了下來,大地和天空都顯得朦朦朧朧的,而我們不能說出我們正走向什麼所在。

Suddenly you call me and ask me in a whisper, "What light is that near the bank?"

突然間,你叫我,悄悄地問我道:“靠近河岸的是什麼火光呀?”

Just then there bursts out a fearful yell, and figures come running towards us.

正在那個時候,一陣可怕的吶喊聲爆發了,好些人影子向我們跑過來。

You sit crouched in your palanquin and repeat the names of the gods in prayer.

你蹲坐在你的轎子裏,嘴裏反覆地禱唸着神的名字。

The bearers, shaking in terror, hide themselves in the thorny bush.

轎伕們,怕得發抖,躲藏在荊棘叢中。

I shout to you, "Don't be afraid, mother. I am here."

我向你喊道:“不要害怕,媽媽,有我在這裏。”

With long sticks in their hands and hair all wild about their heads, they come nearer and nearer.

他們手裏執着長棒,頭髮披散着,越走越近了。

I shout, "Have a care! you villains! One step more and you are dead men."

我喊道:“要當心!你們這些壞蛋!再向前走一步,你們就要送命了。”

They give another terrible yell and rush forward.

他們又發出一陣可怕的吶喊聲,向前衝過來。

You clutch my hand and say, "Dear boy, for heaven's sake, keep away from them."

你抓住我的手,說道:“好孩子,看在上天面上,躲開他們罷。”

I say, "Mother, just you watch me."

我說道:“媽媽,你瞧我的。”

Then I spur my horse for a wild gallop, and my sword and buckler clash against each other.

於是我刺策着我的`馬匹,猛奔過去,我的劍和盾彼此碰着作響。

The fight becomes so fearful, mother, that it would give you a cold shudder could you see it from your palanquin.

這一場戰鬥是那麼激烈,媽媽,如果你從轎子裏看得見的話,你一定會發冷戰的。

Many of them fly, and a great number are cut to pieces.

他們之中,許多人逃走了,還有好些人被砍殺了。

I know you are thinking, sitting all by yourself, that your boy must be dead by this time.

我知道你那時獨自坐在那裏,心裏正在想着,你的孩子這時候一定已經死了。

But I come to you all stained with blood, and say, "Mother, the fight is over now."

但是我跑到你的跟前,渾身濺滿了鮮血,說道:“媽媽,現在戰爭已經結束了。”

You come out and kiss me, pressing me to your heart, and you say to yourself,

你從轎子裏走出來,吻着我,把我摟在你的心頭,你自言自語地說道:

"I don't know what I should do if I hadn't my boy to escort me."

“如果我沒有我的孩子護送我,我簡直不知道怎麼辦纔好。”

A thousand useless things happen day after day, and why couldn't such a thing come true by chance?

一千件無聊的事天天在發生,爲什麼這樣一件事不能夠偶然實現呢?

It would be like a story in a book.

這很像一本書裏的一個故事。

My brother would say, "Is it possible? I always thought he was so delicate!"

我的哥哥要說道:“這是可能的事麼?我老是在想,他是那麼嫩弱呢!”

Our village people would all say in amazement, "Was it not lucky that the boy was with his mother?"

我們村裏的人們都要驚訝地說道:“這孩子正和他媽媽在一起,這不是很幸運麼?”

  惡郵差 THE WICKED POSTMAN

WHY do you sit there on the floor so quiet and silent, tell me, mother dear?

你爲什麼坐在那邊地板上不言不動的,告訴我呀,親愛的媽媽?

The rain is coming in through the open window, making you all wet, and you don't mind it.

雨從開着的窗口打進來了,把你身上全打溼了,你卻不管。

Do you hear the gong striking four? It is time for my brother to come home from school.

你聽見鍾已打四下了麼?正是哥哥從學校裏回家的時候了。

What has happened to you that you look so strange?

到底發生了什麼事,你的神色這樣不對?

Haven't you got a letter from father to-day?

你今天沒有接到爸爸的信麼?

I saw the postman bringing letters in his bag for almost everybody in the town.

我看見郵差在他的袋裏帶了許多信來,幾乎鎮裏的每個人都分送到了。

Only, father's letters he keeps to read himself. I am sure the postman is a wicked man.

只有爸爸的信,他留起來給他自己看。我確信這個郵差是個壞人。

But don't be unhappy about that, mother dear.

但是不要因此不樂呀,親愛的媽媽。

To-morrow is market day in the next village. You ask your maid to buy some pens and papers.

明天是鄰村市集的日子。你叫女僕去買些筆和紙來。

I myself will write all father's letters; you will not find a single mistake.

我自己會寫爸爸所寫的一切信;使你找不出一點錯處來。

I shall write from A right up to K.

我要從A字一直寫到K字。

But, mother, why do you smile?

但是,媽媽,你爲什麼笑呢?

You don't believe that I can write as nicely as father does!

你不相信我能寫得同爸爸一樣好!

But I shall rule my paper carefully, and write all the letters beautifully big.

但是我將用心畫格子,把所有的字母都寫得又大又美。

When I finish my writing, do you think I shall be so foolish as father and drop it into the horrid postman's bag?

當我寫好了時,你以爲我也像爸爸那樣傻,把它投入可怕的郵差的袋中麼?

I shall bring it to you myself without waiting, and letter by letter help you to read my writing.

我立刻就自己送來給你,而且一個字母,一個字母地幫助你讀。

I know the postman does not like to give you the really nice letters.

我知道那郵差是不肯把真正的好信送給你的。