I'm a federal employee. I work for the Department of Labor.我是聯邦僱員,我在勞工部工作。
What kind of work do you do? Are you a saleman?你幹什麼工作?你是銷售員?
As soon as I complete my training, I'm going to be a bank teller.一但我結束培訓,我將成爲銀行出納。
John has built up his own business. He owns a hotel.約翰已經事業有成了,他經營一家賓館。
What do you want to be when you grow up?你長大後想幹什麼?
I like painting, but I wouldn't want it to be my life's work.我雖然喜歡畫畫,但我不會把它作爲終身職業。
Have you ever thought about a career in the medical profession?你考慮過從事醫療工作嗎?
My uncle was a pilot with the airlines. He just retired.我叔叔曾是一家航空公司的`飛行員,他剛剛退休。
My brother's in the army. He was just promoted to the rank of major.我兄弟是軍人,他剛剛被提升到少校。
Ihave a good-paying job with excellent hours.我的工作愉悅,收入也不錯。
My sister worked as a secretary before she got married.我姐妹婚前是幹祕書的。
George's father is an attorney. He has his own practice.喬治的爸爸是律師,他自己執業。
He always takes pride in his work. He's very efficient.他總是爲自己的工作感到驕傲,他非常講實效的。
Mr. Smith is a politician. He's running for election as governor.史密斯先生是政治家,他正在參加州長選舉。
After a successful career in business,he was appointed ambassador.在工商業領域功成名就以後,他被任命爲大使。