英語流行口語比較

A:Both Bob and carl will become somebody in the 't you think so?

英語流行口語比較

鮑伯和卡爾將來都了不得,你看呢?

B: Bob's talent can't to be named on the same day with Carl's.

不錯,但是鮑伯的才智可無法與卡爾同日而語

A:But Bob is more generous and ready to help.

但是鮑伯更慷慨、更樂於助人。

B:We cannot judge a man totally by that.

我們可不能以此判斷一個人。

A:Julia and Anne have both taken dance lessons.

朱莉婭和安妮都選了舞蹈課。

They want to be famous dancer,I think.

我想她們都想當有名的舞蹈家。

Yet Julia is not a patch on Anne because she's not as diligent and clever as Anne.

朱莉婭根本比不上安妮,因爲她的刻苦和悟性都不如安妮

A:I don't see much difference,anyway.

但是我卻沒看出有什麼差別。

A:Who's better at chess,Bill or Fred?

誰的棋玩得更好一些,比爾還是弗雷德?

B:Botd are superb in their skills.

兩個人的棋藝都不錯。

Anyhow,Fred is one up on Bill from my point of view.

但是我認爲弗雷德要略勝一籌。

A:You said it.

你說對了。

A:Mary sings much better than Susan,doesn't she?

瑪麗比蘇珊唱要好,對不對?

B: Mary is no match for Susan in painting.

是的.但是在繪畫方面瑪麗不是蘇珊的對手.

A:Maybe it's because Susan's parents are both painters.

也許是因爲蘇珊的父母都是畫家的緣故吧。

A:Plastic bags are widely used nowadays.

現在人們大量使用塑料袋。

B:But they're hard to be disposed of.

但是塑料很難處理掉。

A:In this aspect,I think,pater bags have the edge on plastic bags.

我認爲在這方面紙袋要比塑料袋強一點兒.

A:George speaks Japannese better than Frank.

喬治的日語比弗蘭克說得好。

B:Yet in writing,George has nothing on Frank.

但是寫得不如弗蘭克。

A:Therefore,I hope they could help each other and learn from each other.

所以我希望他倆能命相幫助,取長補短。

A:You're going go Dresden for sightseeing?B: I'm going by bus.

你要去德萊斯觀光嗎?不錯.我要坐公共汽車去.

A:I think a train journey is as fast as a bus journey.

我認爲坐火車與坐汽車一樣快。

B:But both my wife and I prefer taking a bus.

可是我和我妻子都喜歡坐公共汽車。

A:Bob returned from Japan last week. You know that?

鮑伯上週從日本回來了。知道嗎?

B:Yeah.I met him yesterday.

知道,我昨天遇到了他。

He's no longer the same young man as he was eight years ago.

他可不是八年前的那個年輕人了。

A:I think so,too.

我也這樣認爲。

A:Maria sings like a lark,doesn't she?

瑪麗婭的歌兒美極了。

B:Yes,she's almost equal to Celine Dion when she sings.

是啊,差不多都比得上席琳.迪翁。

A:Maybe she'll make a famous singer in the future.

也許將來會成爲一名著名的歌唱家。

B:You can bet on that.

我敢打賭她會的。

A:Yesterday I read "hamlet" a fantastic book!

昨天我讀了《王子復仇記》.真是本好書.

B:You said one can match Shakespeare in artistic talent.

你說對了,就藝術才能而言沒人能與莎士比亞相比.

A:I do agree with you.

我很贊成你的觀點。

A:Do you like travelling?B:Yes,I do.

你喜歡旅遊嗎?是的。

A:Do you usually travel by bus?

你總是坐汽車旅行嗎?

B:No,by train.I think it's much safer than bus.

不,坐火車。我想火車要更安全些。

A:Mike,you're seventeen years old,right? B:Yeah,Why?

邁克,你已經17歲了吧?是的,怎麼啦?

A:You look quite mature beside your cousin who is eighteen.

和你18歲的表兄比,你顯得很成熟。

B:You can bet on that.

你說對了。

A:I think my car can run much faster than yours.

我認爲我的車比你的跑得快。

B:But mine equals yours in economy. B:That's true.

但是我的和你的一樣實惠。

A:I hear Fred is a very good student in your class.

聽說弗雷德是你們班上非常優秀的學生。

B:Though he's not the one who can get the highest score,

儘管他不是得最高成績的人,

yet,on the whole,he is comparable to the best.

但是總體來看他卻可以和班上最好的媲美。

A:What do you mean by "on the whole"?

你說的“總體”是什麼意思?

B:I mean he's a stuent developing all round.

我是說他是個全面發展的`學生。

A:Can you tell me some of the places you've traveled to ?

講一講你旅遊過的地方好嗎?

B:I've been to Paris,in,Alaska...

我去過巴黎、柏林、阿拉斯加......

B:But you just can't compare the former two with Alaska.

前兩者可沒法兒和阿拉斯加相比。

A:Who do you think is the gratest novelist in the history of English literature?

你認爲英國文學史上誰是最偉大的小說家?

B:Charles ally no one can parallel him in writing.

狄更斯。事實上沒人能在寫作上和他相提並論。

A:I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that.

恐怕我不敢苟同。

I like ence's novels better.

我更喜歡D.H.勞倫斯的小說。

A:What kind of life do you perfer,city life or country life?

你是喜歡農村生活還是城市生活?

B:In comparison to city life,the country life is quiet and peaceful.

與城市生活相比,鄉下較爲寧靜。

A:But it doesn't have all the modern convenience offered by the city.

但是鄉下沒有城市提供的現代設施。

B:Yeah,I y wall has two sides.

我同意這一點。凡事都是有利有弊。

A:What do you think of the acting of the two main actors in the film?

你覺得電影裏兩個主人公的扮演者的演技怎麼樣?

B:I consider the hero's acting is inferior to that of the heroine''t you agree?

我覺得男主人不如女主人公演得好.你不這樣認爲嗎?

A:Well,I'm afraid not.I think the hero has much more to be believed in.

不。我認爲男的演得相當真實。

A:If one is rich,is the happy?

一個人有錢就幸福嗎?

B:I don't think 's impossible to equate wealth and happiness.

我不這樣認爲.不可能把財富和幸福劃等號。

A:Could I understand what you said as:the poorest is the happiest?

我能不能理解爲窮人才是最幸福的?

B:Of course times a poor man can be extremely miserable.

當然不能。有時窮人相當悲慘。

A:Have you any idea of the prices of ruby and diamond?

你知道紅寶石和金剛石的價格嗎?

B:I'm not very I know ruby is less valuable than diamond.

不太瞭解.但是我認爲金剛石要比紅寶石貴重.

A:How do you know that? B: I got is from an encyclopedia.

你怎麼知道呢?從百乎全書上看來的。

英語實用口語之市民必會句

早上好

good morning

你好嗎

how are you?

你的國籍是什麼

what is your nationality?

我該如何稱呼你

how do i address you?

再見

bye-bye

0-10

,.

11-20

teen ty.

.

hundred

1000 one thousand

10.000 ten thousand

100.0000 one million

0.3 zero point three

英語實用口語之主動提供幫助

—Can I do something for you?

—I'm a stranger here. I'm trying to find this address.

—Can I have a look at it?

—Sure. Here you are.

—Oh, it's not far from here. Bus NO.2 will take you there. You get off at the third stop. Do you see the bus stop over there?

—Oh, yes, thank you!

英語實用口語之講禮貌

Hello,excuse me?

Hello,is there anything I can help you with?

Yes,I want to know where I can get on the bus going down town.

Go straight and turn right and you will see a big bus station there.

Ok,I see. Thank you.

You're welcome.

笨小孩學口語(33):便宜沒好貨

I remembered that when I was in college, I was short of money. So every time when I went shopping, I would try to buy some cheap ones! For example, I would buy a pair of sneaker, which cost just 40 Yuan. And after a month, I found I was bullied and that pair of sneaker was no use any more!

1) It is really a pair of junk shoes! 這雙鞋真次!

junk:垃圾 junk food!垃圾食物!

千萬不要買junk car. That's dangerous! (音樂)

英語實用口語之指示方向

A: Excuse me, how can I get to the Post Office, please?

B: Well, turn left at the first corner after the 's near the corner, you can't miss it.

A:Thank you very much!

B:It's my pleasure.