英語口語:如何“吐露祕密”

朋友間交換點小祕密,這是國際慣例!你也不能倖免哦,那麼英語該怎麼吐露祕密呢?

英語口語:如何“吐露祕密”

  英語口語:如何“吐露祕密”(一)

說實話……

As a matter of fact, …

Who won the golf tournament? (那場高爾夫球比賽誰贏了?)

Well, as a matter of fact, I did. (其實,是我贏了。)

Actually, …

To be honest, …

To be frank, …

Frankly speaking, …

Truthfully, … (老實說……)

In all actuality, … (實際上,……) *正式的說法。

別告訴任何人。

Don't tell anyone.

Don't tell anyone. (別告訴任何人。)

I won't. (我不會的。)

Keep it under your hat. *一種慣用說法。

我有件事要坦白。

I have a confession. *confession “坦白”、“告白”、“供認”。

I have something to confess.

I need to tell you something. (我有事必須告訴你。)

I have a confession to make.

  英語口語:如何“吐露祕密”(二)

我有一個祕密。

I have a secret.

I'm keeping a secret.

我把一切告訴你。

I'll fill you in. *fill…in“填滿……”、“把……裝滿”。

So, what happened to my father? (那,我父親出了什麼事情?)

I'll fill you in. (我把一切告訴你。)

I'll tell you all about it.

I'll explain everything.

I'll tell you all the details.

我就直說吧。

I'll level with you. *level 表示“把……弄平”,但在這兒表示“說話不拐彎,直說”。

Quit lying to me! (不要對我說謊話。)

All right. I'll level with you. (好吧,我就直說吧。)

I'll tell you frankly.

I'll be frank with you.

I'll be open and sincere with you.

I'll tell you the truth. (我告訴你真相。)

我知道的大概就是這些。

That is about all I know.

What else do you know? (其他你還知道些什麼?)

That is about all I know. (我知道的'大概就是這些。)

I don't know anything else about it.

That's all I know.

我們關起門來在這兒說。/我們私下裏說。

This is just between you and me. *比較輕鬆的說法。直譯爲“你我倆人之間的事”。

This is just between you and me. (我們關起門來在這兒說。/咱們倆私下裏說。)

What is it? (什麼事呀?)

Let's keep our talk between us.

Let's keep this our little secret.

這是一個祕密。

It's a secret.

  英語口語:如何“吐露祕密”(三)

我告訴你一個祕密。

Let me tell you a secret.

他不能保守祕密。

He can't keep a secret.

你的嘴不嚴。

You've got a big mouth!

我不敢對我的老闆說。

I don't have the guts to say that to my boss. *guts表示“勇氣”。

聽小道消息說。

A little bird told me. *說不清楚是從哪兒聽來的,或者不願意說出是從誰那兒聽來的情況下使用。

A little bird told me that today is your birthday. (聽說今天是你的生日。)

Wait. Who told you? (喂!誰告訴你的?)

I heard it through the grapevine. *grapevine 原意爲“葡萄藤,葡萄屬植物”,這裏表示“謠言,傳聞”。比較常用。

I just overheard it.

我什麼都沒說。

I didn't say anything. *表示自己沒有泄密的說法。

I kept my mouth shut.

I didn't let the cat out of the bag. *表示“沒有泄露祕密”的固定說法。

無意中說漏了嘴。

It was a slip of the tongue.

It was a slip of the tongue. (無意中說漏了嘴。)

Really? Didn't she know about it? (真的嗎?難道她不知道?)

I spilled the beans. (我泄露了祕密。)

I stuck my foot in my mouth. (我把不好/失禮的事說出去了。)

我一個字都不說出去。

I won't say a word. *用來表示“保證對誰都不說出去”。

Mum's the word. (我什麼都不說。)

I won't say anything. (我什麼都不說。)

My lips are sealed. (我的嘴很緊。)