新月集經典詩歌英譯漢欣賞

《新月集》 是印度詩人、作家泰戈爾創作的詩集。下面是小編蒐集整理的幾篇新月集裏的詩,歡迎大家閱讀!

新月集經典詩歌英譯漢欣賞

  最後的買賣 THE LAST BARGAIN

"COME and hire me," I cried, while in the morning I was walking on the stone-paved road.

早晨,我在石鋪的路上走時,我叫道:“誰來僱用我呀。”

Sword in hand, the King came in his chariot.

皇帝坐着馬車,手裏拿着劍走來。

He held my hand and said, "I will hire you with my power."

他拉着我的手,說道:“我要用權力來僱用你。”

But his power counted for nought, and he went away in his chariot.

但是他的權力算不了什麼,他坐着馬車走了。

In the heat of the midday the houses stood with shut doors.

正午炎熱的時候,家家戶戶的門都閉着。

I wandered along the crooked lane.

我沿着屈曲的小巷走去。

An old man came out with his bag of gold.

一個老人帶着一袋金錢走出來。

He pondered and said, "I will hire you with my money."

他斟酌了一下,說道:“我要用金錢來僱用你。”

He weighed his coins one by one, but I turned away.

他一個一個地數着他的錢,但我卻轉身離去了。

It was evening. The garden hedge was all aflower.

黃昏了,花園的籬上滿開着花。

The fair maid came out and said, "I will hire you with a smile."

美人走出來,說道:“我要用微笑來僱用你。”

Her smile paled and melted into tears, and she went back alone into the dark.

她的微笑黯淡了,化成淚容了,她孤寂地回身走進黑暗裏去。

The sun glistened on the sand, and the sea waves broke waywardly.

太陽照耀在沙地上,海波任性地浪花四濺。

A child sat playing with shells.

一個小孩坐在那裏玩貝殼。

He raised his head and seemed to know me, and said, "I hire you with nothing."

他擡起頭來,好像認識我似的,說道:“我僱你不用什麼東西。”

From thenceforward that bargain struck in child's play made me a free man.

從此以後,在這個小孩的遊戲中做成的買賣,使我成了一個自由的人。

  孩子天使 THE CHILD-ANGEL

THEY clamour and fight, they doubt and despair, they know no end to their wranglings.

他們喧譁爭鬥,他們懷疑失望,他們辯論而沒有結果。

Let your life come amongst them like a flame of light, my child, unflickering and pure, and delight them into silence.

我的.孩子,讓你的生命到他們當中去,如一線鎮定而純潔之光,使他們愉悅而沉默。

They are cruel in their greed and their envy, their words are like hidden knives thirsting for blood.

他們的貪心和妒忌是殘忍的;他們的話,好像暗藏的刀,渴欲飲血。

Go and stand amidst their scowling hearts, my child, and let your gentle eyes fall upon them like the forgiving peace of the evening over the strife of the day.

我的孩子,去,去站在他們憤懣的心中,把你的和善的眼光落在它們上面,好像那傍晚的寬洪大量的和平,覆蓋着日間的騷擾一樣。

Let them see your face, my child, and thus know the meaning of all things; let them love you and thus love each other.

我的孩子,讓他們望着你的臉,因此能夠知道一切事物的意義;讓他們愛你,因此他們能夠相愛。

Come and take your seat in the bosom of the limitless, my child. At sunrise open and raise your heart like a blossoming flower, and at sunset bend your head and in silence complete the worship of the day.

來,坐在無垠的胸膛上,我的孩子。朝陽出來時,開放而且擡起你的心,像一朵盛開的花;夕陽落下時,低下你的頭,默默地做完這一天的禮拜。

  我的歌 MY SONG

THIS song of mine will wind its music around you, my child, like the fond arms of love.

我的孩子,我這一隻歌將揚起它的樂聲圍繞你的身旁,好像那愛情的熱戀的手臂一樣。

This song of mine will touch your forehead like a kiss of blessing.

我這一隻歌將觸着你的前額,好像那祝福的接吻一樣。

When you are alone it will sit by your side and whisper in your ear, when you are in the crowd it will fence you about with aloofness.

當你只是一個人的時候,它將坐在你的身旁,在你耳邊微語着;當你在人羣中的時候,它將圍住你,使你超然物外。

My song will be like a pair of wings to your dreams, it will transport your heart to the verge of the unknown.

我的歌將成爲你的夢的翼翅,它將把你的心移送到不可知的岸邊。

It will be like the faithful star overhead when dark night is over your road.

當黑夜覆蓋在你路上的時候,它又將成爲那照臨在你頭上的忠實的星光。

My song will sit inthe pupils of your eyes, and will carry your sight into the heart of things.

我的歌又將坐在你眼睛的瞳仁裏,將你的視線帶入萬物的心裏。

And when my voice is silent in death, my song will speak in your living heart.

當我的聲音因死亡而沉寂時,我的歌仍將在我活潑潑的心中唱着。